You know Greger, I always said that both major parties owe their hearts and souls to corporations, wall street firms, lobbyist, special interests, mega money donors, etc. That's where they get all their money to run their organizations and campaigns. Taking care of all the above is always the first priority of both major parties. I do think we see eye to eye on more things than not, although we approach them from different perspectives. You as more or less as a progressive ideologue and me more or less as a political realist.

I do think we both distrust both major parties about as far as we could throw a 5,000 pound bull elephant. You vote Democratic because that party comes closest to your political ideology, the closest fit at the present. I swing back and forth tending to vote for the lesser evil or the least worst or even for the candidate I want to lose the least of the two major party candidates, many times voting third party against both.

For PDX, I'll not tell either party what to do. Now I'll give advice in how to win elections or tell them why they won or lost. I can recognize that this election was all about removing Trump at the presidential level and keeping the status quo down ballot. No mandate, no endorsement or rejection of either major parties ideals, agenda, philosophy if you will.

It's no secret that slogans like Defund the Police played a big part in the down ballot success of the republicans in their gaining house seats, state legislatures and a governorship. Especially among the non-affiliated, swing voters. These voters which made up 26% of those who voted, went big for Biden, 54-41, by 13 points just to get rid of Trump. Then they basically split their congressional vote down the middle, voting 50-48 for democratic congressional candidates. These folks as Greger would call them are the uninformed, the unwashed so to speak. They pay little to no attention to politics until election time. Why should they? They don't have any horses in the race, they had no say who the horses are or was. But it is these folks that usually decides who wins and who loses. Neither major party's base is big enough by itself.

Yet neither party recognizes this. I always found that dumbfounding.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.