Originally Posted By: pdx rick
Originally Posted By: perotista
Originally Posted By: pdx rick
Originally Posted By: perotista
You know Greger, I always said that both major parties owe their hearts and souls to corporations, wall street firms, lobbyist, special interests, mega money donors, etc. That's where they get all their money to run their organizations and campaigns.

Not true. Look at Bernie's (2016) and (2020) campaign and Trump's first 2016 campaign - all small donations. I believe that Biden was as well this year. Your both sidesism is really getting old and tired - like gum that has lost its flavor. rolleyes

...Other candidates 2016 Hillary Clinton...

I never mentioned Hillary Clinton because she was never small donor - she has always been big-money Wall Street. You people start off arguments with a semi-answer to a question, and then, ALWAYS introduce another factor into the equation to support your predetermined agenda. I'm sick of it.

You get one, perhaps two who rely on small donors and ignore all the rest because it doesn't suit your narrative. I could carry this on back if I had the time to do the research, What about Obama vs. McCain and then Romney. Obama became the first presidential candidate to turn down matching funds because he could raise more than double that. Kerry and Gore vs. Bush and on back.

Rounding off the numbers 2012 Obama 800 million raised to Romney's 600. 2008 Obama 750 million to McCain's 250 million. 2004 G.W. Bush 350 to Kerry's 340. More even. Bush really out raised Gore in 2000 180 million to 120 million, but Bill Clinton in 1996 doubled Dole 160 million to 70 million.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.