Originally Posted By: rporter314
aren't you saying, what I have said succinctly, the American electorate is ignorant?


LOL, this gets me. It seems that those who call voters ignorant want more and more voters to turn out to vote. The uninformed, those who don't give a dang who wins or loses, but we're doing every thing to get them out to vote.

If 55% of the electorate, the average since 1970 turn out to vote in a presidential election because they care enough to vote. Yet around half are deemed ignorant and uninformed, what about the rest. The other 45% that we're trying to get to vote? They don't pay one iota to politics or if they do, don't give an owl's hoot about politics, who's president, who controls congress or anything else.

Kind of strange isn't it. Calling those who care and willing to pay enough attention to decide whom to vote for ignorant, yet we want more ignorant folks who don't give a coyote's howl to come on out and vote.


It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.