Quote:
Something for historians to think about in the future.
Yes

Mr Trump is the aberration. He and his administration will go down as one of the most significant in history. In addition, party complicity will bring into sharp relief just how close we were to one political party overthrowing a duly, legally elected president.

I don't think it has sunk in yet just how close we were to having an election overthrown. Imagine if Republicans controlled all three branches of government. What would have stopped them from throwing out every slate of electors with which they did not like? An objection in writing signed by both a Senator and a Rep. 2 hours of debate for which both houses would concur. voila ... Trump 4 more years.

You may say but but but ... the law. Yep ... and I say did you see all the nuts pounding on the doors, breaking windows, yelling for blood at the Capitol?

While we saw many courts throw out these fake suits on "fraud", would you bet your life on the SC doing the right thing should a suit be brought? Remember the words VP Pence said for counting electors ... check authenticity and format. When it goes to SC to which law would you cite? Looks like a Constitutional process to me.

We dodged a democracy destroying detonation.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty