Originally Posted By: chunkstyle
You looking for an engraved invitation?

Im thinking the answer lies in labor organizing with the recent successes theyve had. Without political representation, working Americans can safely be ignored and are. Whats more, younger generations of Americans are less reactionary to organized labor. Im thinking the economic violence committed by finance with politics needs to be met with economic disruption from labor. At the end of the day, its all power really pays attention to. The massive uptick in labor demonstrations around the world before the lockdown, or the current labor strike going on in India. Largest ever seen with 250 million+ participants under a neo fascist government.

What do you want labor to organize to do (what is the desired future condition - to use a forest management term)?

Lacking specifics (such as organizing around a particular "project"), my assumption would be that they should organize to fight some unfair imbalance of power with their employers. That's a good cause, but very general and unfocused. What's the endgame - what is the optimal balance of power between labor and management?

Or is the deeper problem that there exists an adversarial division between the two?

Is there a better model for "doing business" than the common one that is often called Capitalism?

It is the focus of our (yours and my) attention and interest wherein lies the root cause for our failure to communicate. I don't know if you have noticed, but I haven't ever said you are wrong to be fighting skirmishes in the War of the Status Quo. It's just that I'm advocating for figuring out new models for "disruption" (a popular new term for doing things in a different enough way to cause reflexive systemic change in a domino fashion). I don't want to fight endless skirmishes with no strategy for ending the war.

I've been a fan of something on the order of worker-owned co-ops for thirty years - labor and management are not divided, they are the same. Cool concept, but human nature seems to keep getting in the way of the model's success - turns out there is a spectrum of little flaws in it, ranging from criminal laziness to criminal greed. How do we solve that?

Most likely there is no solution to what ails humanity, save for extirpation. But in the words of Word of the Day:
Quote:
A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little. -Edmund Burke, statesman and writer (12 Jan 1729-1797)

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller