Originally Posted By: Greger
Quote:
Hillary Clinton compared to Rump?

Tat, Pero is a single issue voter...his entire ideology is based on his perceived treatment of the military by politicians. He imagines that Madam Clinton was rude to the boys in uniform as Bill Clinton's first lady, thus disqualifying herself for the office of President.

I spent a lifetime in residential construction, I base my opinions about politicos entirely on how they treat workers, are they pro union? Education? Healthcare? Living wages? Safe workplaces?

Or are they just hoping to make your boss richer?

Greger, that may be, maybe not though. I always ask the question would this country be better off once a candidate leaves office than when a candidate first enters office. I really don't have a litmus test on the issues.

In the case of 2016, I came to the conclusion that this country would be worst off no matter who won between Trump and Clinton. Hence my vote against both of them which 9 million others did the same.

Now I don't belong to either major party, when pushed for a party affiliation I will eventually tell them the Reform Party although no longer active in Georgia. I'm a swing voter, which some refer to as an independent. But looking back on 2016, at independents, I'm wasn't alone in not liking Hillary Clinton. Question 10. Favorability of Candidates Hillary Clinton, 27% of all independents view her favorably, 70% unfavorably. Question 11. Favorability of Candidates Donald Trump, he wasn't liked by independent either, 40% favorable, 57% unfavorable. Hence Trump won the independent vote and the white house.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/l37rosbwjp/econTabReport_lv.pdf

Now that wasn't a surprise to me at all. Back in Feb 2016 a poll showed 56% of all Americans wanted the Democrats to nominate someone other than Hillary Clinton. The Democrats didn't listen to America as a whole, which was their right. Democrats nominate the Democratic Candidate, not all Americans. But all Americans determine who wins in the general.

I firmly believe almost any other Democrat, alive or dead, would have trounced Trump in 2016. I know it's hard for any avid supporter of a candidate to understand how much their candidate was disliked by other Americans. Their avid supporters won't even acknowledge it. They can't see it, they're blind in their support.

I like the way a friend of mine summed up the 2016 presidential election, We elected the devil we didn't know, Trump, a businessman, a TV reality show host, no one knew how he would govern over the devil we knew, everyone knew exactly how Hillary would govern. We threw the dice in electing the devil we didn't know over the devil we did.

Perhaps you have it there, a vast majority of Americans viewing each major party candidate as the devil of some sorts except their avid supporters.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.