As of now, independents are sticking with Biden, they like him. At least that is what the favorable and approval rating polls show. If I could have my way, Manchin would take Schumer's place and Romney McConnell's place. then perhaps we could get back to a long ago, at least it seems so, long ago political era of compromise and give and take with neither party threatening the nuclear option or adding SCOTUS or making D.C. a state.

I think my suggestion solves the problem if giving those folks who live in D.C. a voice and a vote in all government is the main problem. But I think the democrats don't care that much about giving the folks who reside and live in D.C. a voice and a vote, they want the additional 2 senators. Besides, my solution has precedence as it has been done before with the south of the Potomac portion being given back to the state of Virginia.

I think 2022 can easily belong to the Democrats if Biden and the democratic congress don't do something stupid to make independents angry at them. I think Biden has been pushing the envelope, but hasn't stepped over the line. Trump is an advantage to democrats, McConnell by his refusal to cooperate, at least some of the time and on some issues with Biden could also help. Remember Harry S. Truman used the do nothing congress for his big comeback win in 1948.

I think a majority of independents want cooperation whenever possible. Not obstruction of everything Biden. It's okay for McConnell and the GOP to fight Biden and congressional company 50% or even 60% or 70% of the time, but not 100%.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.