I've heard a lot of complains from democrats and some loud enough that on another site suggesting that Manchin and Sinema ought to to join the Republican Party. That makes no sense to me as if they did, it would be the GOP in control of the senate 52-48. Certain then Biden wouldn't be able to accomplish a single thing. Also over looked is Manchin votes the Democratic party line 80% of the time, Sinema 74%.

That's not high enough for a lot of Democrats, but replacing them with a Republican who would vote the democratic party line only 10% of the time if that, also giving the GOP control of the senate seems to me to be absurd.

I did a paper on how ending or doing away would hurt the Democrats more in the long term than be worth any short term political gain. I've been debating whether or not to post it here. It is much like the first use of and the precedence setting use of the nuclear option. A big benefit short term for the Democrats, but a long term hurt being that we now have Kavanaugh and Barrett on the SCOTUS that wouldn't be there if not for the nuclear option first being used by Reid and company. It still would have required 60 votes for cloture.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.