I'm not a financial guru. But I think that inflation actually helps the debt or stabilizes it. Who it hurts are those who hold the bonds and whatever on the debt. If I have a debt of 100 dollars, inflation hits at whatever percentage and I wait long enough, the dollar I have today worth half of what it was when I incurred that 100 dollar debt, when I pay off my 100 dollar debt off, I'm doing so with money that worth 50 cents on the dollar, half of what it was worth when I first borrowed the 100 dollars.

Does that make sense?

Then there is the question of the interest rate paid by the government on the debt. Extremely low at present, but could rise at any time. In 2020 interest payment on the national debt was 345 billion. In other words 10.1% of the total revenue received by the federal government in FY 2020.

So 10% of all revenue received went to paying interest on the debt which means that 10% of all money taken in by the government doesn't go to help anyone other than those who hold the debt.

It seems to me, there is a point of no return here. Or a point where the dollar becomes basically useless.

By the way, I remember when I got my first car paying 19 cents a gallon and when gas wars occurred, gas was as low as 11 or 12 cents a gallon. I'd say it's all relevant. I was making 95 cents an hour working in an old pig iron foundry when not working on the farm. Then I got drafted and the army was a piece of cake compared to what I was doing prior to being drafted. I made it a career. active duty and then made it a second career as a civilian working for the army. In other words, 3 dollars for a gallon of gas today is probably the equivalent to 19 cents back in the early 1960's.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.