Something not well-publicized: Israel bombed the building in Gaza that had the AP and Al Jazeera offices in it. But they actually called everybody and told them in advance! They evacuated the building, and then the owner called and asked them not to do it. They told him they would give him 10 minutes to go and check that everybody was out of the building. 10 minutes later they started their attack with a small drone. Then a bigger drone. Then planes dropping bombs. As a result, nobody was even injured. Pretty damned civilized, if you ask me.

I understand the Palestinian frustration with all the restrictions put on them by Israel, but you would think the Palestinians would figure out that every time they shoot rockets into Israel they come off much worse than Israel. But I suppose it's a Hamas PR stunt. Unfortunately, it gets people killed, and many more killed in Gaza than in Israel. I grieve for the ordinary people of Gaza, but that's ultimately what happens when you choose bad leaders.

We're flying electric helicopters on Mars yet you can't turn on your clothes dryer in Texas. That's because scientists are in charge of Mars, and Republicans are in charge of Texas.