Those who come up with these strategies that most Americans oppose. It doesn't take a political rocket scientist to know if going against the will of the majority of Americans could very well lead to an election defeat, a wave election where in this case, the democrats are in control, they lose that control. ALA, 1994 and 2010.

So let me ask you a question, we know if one is honest that Defund the police cost the Democrats 13 house seats. Reparations which only 18% support, bring that up could hurt the dems in the midterms. Now I haven't heard about the national park thing except from jgw, but I can guarantee you a majority of Americans would be opposed to that.

If one wants to accomplish much in 2023/24, that means retaining both chambers of congress. Obama got his ACA, but at what cost? His last six years were basically lame duck years limited to EO's. Putting off the ACA for a year or two, what more could Obama have accomplished if he retained the House? The ACA was an albatross around the Democrats neck all though the Obama years. It took Trump to make the ACA popular, without Trump, the ACA probably would still be unpopular. You can look below to see how unpopular the ACA was during Obama.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/obama_and_democrats_health_care_plan-1130.html

Of course I look at these things more through a political strategist eyes than partisan eyes. My goal is to win elections, so my advice is along the lines of not doing anything stupid that would cost you the next election.

Pushing through a reparation bill could cost you the next election, turning of national parks to the indians, could cost you the next election. If you don'[t get ride of the word Defund, change it to Reform or something akin to that, if you don't, it could cost you the next election.

You, the democrats got the Republicans back on their heels with Trump and a civil war going on. Why in the world would you grab their hand and straighten them up by bringing things, legislation up that a majority of Americans are against? Is this a death wish?

My advice which no one takes, don't do anything stupid like you did in 1994 and 2010 if you want to retain control of congress. But then again, if you think these things are so important that losing control of congress is worth it, by all means, have at it.

Personally, I'd like to see what Biden can do with four years, but that will mean taking into consideration of the will and wants of a majority of Americans and not to pass anything that would go against that will and want. It means listening to America as a whole and not just one's base or even a portion of one's base.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.