You know I head this demographic thing going back to the 1960's. Now something happens as folks get older. I have results based on age going back to 1972. 18-29 year olds have voted democratic in every election with the exception of 1984, Reagan's landslide win over Monday and in 1988.

Now 45-64 year olds have voted republican every election since 1972 with the exception of 1992 and 1996 as have those over 64, exceptions were 1992, 1996 and 2000.

I'm not saying this trend will continue. But historically, as one ages the less idealistic they become. Now I'm still waiting to see the changes in demographic and the young effect elections in a way they haven't in the past. Perhaps Trump may be the catalyst to reverse the historical trends? I don't know.

The big change I noticed is those with college degrees which voted Republican until Obama in 2008, went for Romney in 2012 and then for Clinton and Biden. High School or less voted Democratic through 2012, then changed to Trump in 2016 and 2020.

Perhaps we're seeing a change in voting habits, time will tell.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.