A lot depends on the party they identify with. Regardless of race, age, sex etc. those 55-60% who associate or affiliate with the two major parties will vote for their party's candidates roughly 92%. The R and or the D over ride the issues and perhaps leave those voting against their own interests. At least that is what history shows.

Then you have the rest, 40% or so, up and down, give and take, independents who pay very little to or any attention to politics except when an election nears. This has always made me wonder just how many Americans actually vote issues? There's no hard figures on that. How many just adopt the stance on the issues of the party they belong to at the time, if they switch parties, they switch their stances.

This doesn't give you an explanation as to why, just how belonging to one or the other party always seems to determine their vote way before hand regardless of the issues and stances.

Yes, in my opinion reparations is a losing issue. As is the slogan Defund the police whether or not that is what is meant by those who holler it at the top of their lungs. Only 18% of all Americans support reparations, 18% support defunding the police. Myself, I'm against it, not 7 or 8 generations after the fact. Now if we were giving reparations to those who had been slaves or the first generation, I'd be all in favor. Not 156 years after the fact. Only 30% of democrats support reparations while 49% of blacks do, 10% of whites.

What's interesting about the slogan, defund the police, just 18% support that. But 43% support taking funds away from the police and redirecting those funds to social services. Now that not what the slogan says, keeping mute on that by the democrats could very well hurt them come election time as it hurt them in the house elections in 2020. Most Americans like and trust their local police and don't want them abolished as the slogan defund the police implies leaving Americans to take Defund the Police as meaning exactly what it says.

Perhaps we should take slavery into the context of the times it was prevalent. Prior to 1800 slavery was legal in at least 80% of the countries in the world in some form. By 1865 that percentage had dropped to a bit over half of all countries in the world.What caught my eye is Arab and African countries didn't start to abolish slavery until after 1900 for the most part. It wasn't until 2003 that Niger made slavery a crime, Mauritania in 2007 becoming the last two countries in the world to finely end slavery.

Last edited by perotista; 05/23/21 10:32 PM.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.