JGW, you got me thinking, is there a way to find out if independents pay more attention to politics in general than do the party faithful? Perhaps, a shot in the dark would be to compare the don't know/no opinion column of independents to those who identify with the political parties.. This is just the don't know/no opinion column. This isn't the favorable/unfavorable columns, just the Don't know/no opinion.

Biden D 4, R 4, I 8
Trump D 3, R 4, I 6

Everyone should know who the above are. Now to continue with congressional leaders.

Pelosi D 11, R 7 I 19
McCarthy D 24, R 27, I 38
McConnell D 16, R 17, I 18
Schumer D 21, R 16 I 31

Interesting that those who stay in the news, who have the most face time, Pelosi and McConnell have way fewer Don't know/no opinions than McCarthy and Schumer. Being they get little face time, chances are independents don't know who these later two are.

I'm not sure what the above proves, if it proves anything.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.