That's true with both major party's bases. The base of each party remembers everything. The thing is the Republican base won't ever vote Democratic and the Democratic base won't ever vote Republican regardless of what happens. They've become mindless robots for their party. Nothing else matters.

Am I being cynical, certainly. What I'm saying whatever happens with the commission isn't about to change anyone's mind. Knowing this, I would assume all of this is for or playing to independents or swing voters, the non-affiliated. But it is those swing voters, the non-affiliated who have the shortest memories. Republican base will remember the impeachments, remember this commission and get out and vote. Democrats will forever remember Trump and the Republican obstruction of their goals and they'll get out and vote.

When asked have you heard about the 1-6 commission and the amount of attention they have given to it. 32% of independents answered a lot. They're paying attention to what is going with this. 50% said they heard a little about it, tid bids in the news, not paying much attention to it. 18% responded they heard nothing at all about it, since they haven't heard a word about the commission, you know they're not paying attention.

Perhaps, I don't know, is why independents, the non-affiliated aren't pay that much attention is that to them 1-6 is ancient news. Replaced by hotter issues and more recent news and events. Perhaps another reason is Trump is no longer president, they wanted him gone, he's gone, mission accomplished. Time to move on to other things and problems.

Now those non-affiliated who are paying a lot of attention to what is happening with the commission, 31% strongly want it, 21% somewhat want it, 10% somewhat don't want it and 25% strongly oppose having the commission. I'm still trying to figure out what somewhat favor and somewhat oppose means. Probably they don't care all that much either way. My SWAG.

You're absolutely correct in that both major party's base will remember everything. Everyone knows exactly how they'll vote and who'll they'll support. Boring. What perks me up is the study of independents, swing voters, the non-affiliate who decide national elections.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.