I should be more specific. When I talk about folks voting for the more charismatic candidate, I'm referring to those who aren't affiliate with any party, the less to non-partisans, swing voters, independents. Those who don't pay much if any attention to the daily grind of politics coming out of Washington. Only when an election nears do their interest peak.

Let's face it, Republicans and democrats, the party faithful would vote for a 20 ton rock if that was their candidate. Well, at least 92% of them based on historical average. Now there's a difference in the type of charisma, TV and Movie stars have their own type, but I don't think would appeal to this group of swing voters, the non-affiliated when it comes to elected office.

In other words, a political candidate exhibiting charisma in his field is completely different from a sports star, TV personality etc. Charisma in their's. There has to be a certain political savvyness in any candidate along with being charismatic for it to work. It has to in my opinion help a candidate likableness. Being charismatic certainly helped Reagan, Bill Clinton and Obama. It help JFK in 1960, I don't think JFK would have ever beat Nixon then if it wasn't for his charisma, his personality.

Trump may have had all the charisma in the world in the TV reality show field. But he had none when it came to politics. He was that 20 ton rock only being love and adored by those in his party. Not independents, the non-affiliated, swing voters, they disliked him.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.