Thank you Greger. I totally agree, if the election were held today, Democrats would prevail big time. But as you point out, it isn't. This is one reason I refuse to get involved in predicting the house. We don't know if Biden and company will peeve off independents or keep them smiling as they are now. We also can't see what unforeseen events or happenings will take place in the next 18 months or so.

As for jgw, I think you're correct. There are Republicans who can't stand Trump, but know if they cross him, out they go. Self preservation takes hold. They know they'll be defeated in the GOP primary by Trumpers. But as things stand now, those Trumpers most likely will lose in the general election depending on the district and state they running in. Solid or safe GOP districts, it makes no difference who the candidates are. It does in swing or tossup districts and states, even lean districts and states.

Right now I wouldn't want to be in the GOP shoes when it comes to election chances for 2022. But as Greger pointed out, this is today, not Nov 2022. Who know, Biden and company might do something to make independents angry at them ALA 1994 and 2010. Then Trump or no Trump, it doesn't matter. But as that guy who jumped off a 20 story building was heard to say around the 10th floor, so far, so good.

Last edited by perotista; 06/01/21 12:11 AM.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.