That's fine Greger, but I'm looking from the point of view of attracting voters to win elections. Especially independent voters or turning them off and have them vote for the other party.

Primaries are political party affairs between very like voters and don't reflect America as a whole. Democratic Primaries represent approximately 33% of the American electorate as of 18 May 2021. GOP primaries, less than a third,29% to use Gallup's 18 May numbers. So we have those non-affiliated, less to non-partisans who's thinking for the most part are somewhere in-between the two major parties ideology. Although we do have some way to the right of the GOP and way to the left of the democrats.

Once the primaries are over, the battle then becomes to attract and get independents to vote for your candidates. Does a slogan like Defund the police help that cause, no. I'm looking at this in the mode of how do I get independents to vote for my party's candidates. It does no good if my parties candidates just get my parties base votes and loses independents. Then that let's the other party in power and you sitting on the sidelines.

Independents aren't all that political, their attention span is short. They tend to take whatever they hear or see on TV and run with it. Be it fact or fiction or somewhere in-between. If your an idealist, you want all these folks hollering out your ideology at the top of their lungs. If you're a political strategist, you want it toned down in an effort to attract those who really don't have a set ideology or political views to vote for your party's candidates.

Trump lost because he couldn't keep his fingers off twitter, the democrats lost 13 house seats due to the slogan defund the police.

But how one looks at these thing I suppose depends on one's goal. Winning elections or getting your point of view heard. They can be the same or they can be completely opposite.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.