Most billionaires play both sides of the fence except a few like Koch and Soros. They invest, er donate to both parties and their candidates. More to the party and candidates they think will win, but they always give to the other party and its candidates just in case they win. That way, regardless of who the winner is, they owe these so called moneyed folks.

Here recently their money has been going to the Democrats. Which makes sense since Obama twice was the favored to win along with Hillary Clinton and Biden. Before that their money went to G.W. Bush twice, Bill Clinton twice, G.H.W. Bush in 1988 and Reagan twice. They simply funded the favorite, politics be danged.

You can see the money from 2008-20 Here.

2020 election to cost $14 billion, blowing away spending records

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2020/10/cost-of-2020-election-14billion-update/

That doesn't include the Jan 2021 senate runoffs in Georgia where well over another billion was spent. Almost all the money from out of state.Which as I stated before makes me feel Georgia's two new senators don't belong to Georgians, they belong to the moneyed elite from out of state.

I would like to see a law that simply states that if you can't vote for a candidate, you can't invest, er, donate to that candidate. I suppose the bottom line is these billionaires get a very good return on their investments, er donations. They're smart businessmen, if they didn't get a very good return they wouldn't invest.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.