Originally Posted by rporter314
Trumpism is here to stay. While I agree it has devolved into "Blithering Idiocy", that does not imply it will disappear. It has simply morphed into a more noxious version. Elected Republicans fear of THE BASE is the criteria for which we should gauge status. Refusal to codify voting standards is but one example of how Trumpism has continued to poison society.
I agree that there has been a large shift in the chutzpah being shown by THE BASE, but I'm not ready to give Trump credit for establishing anything that could be called "Trumpism" that has an identity post Il Douche's time on the stage. Former was merely one of the particles that serve as a coalescing factor, much like dust gives atmospheric moisture a nucleus for the formation of a rain drop. (Actual, new evidence is claiming that those nuclei are more likely bacteria, or some microbe...).

My conjecture is that without Former as an organizing factor for THE BASE vapor, the raindrop will evaporate from around him. The vapor is still there, but it is desperately seeking other pieces of dirt and detritus to attract them to becoming bona fide drips. (I was going to say "organize around", but the concept of organization is hard to reconcile with the reality of chaos.)

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller