You may have hit on it a week or two ago when you said, now I'm paraphrasing, that these groups aren't monolithic. I think each individual has a reason for voting the way they do, even if the way they vote goes against group think.

I'm going to keep an eye on how these different groups vote in 2022 to see if the trend continues or if it was an aberration. But your SWAG is as good as mine. Keep in mind now, we have a candidate in Adams leading so far in the Democratic Primary for Mayor of New York City who campaigned as tough on crime, giving the police more money and expanding the police force.

Perhaps it may have been talk about Defunding the police. Here from the article, poll.

A new poll by Ipsos and USA Today shows that less than 20 percent of respondents support the “defund the police” movement, with 58 percent opposing it.

The poll also suggested low support among Democrats and Black Americans for the movement.

Just 28 percent of Black respondents and 34 percent of Democrats backed the campaign, according to the poll.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/542108-poll-finds-only-18-percent-support-defund-the-police

Perhaps the majority regardless of race want the police in their community or neighborhood to deter crime and arrest those who commit the crime? Maybe they didn't like extremist? Maybe they didn't like their homes and businesses being burned by the riots that followed and a takeover of a city center. Whole bunch of maybe's, I know.

Honestly, I just don't know, hence all the maybe's. Perhaps the high vote of Hispanics in the border regions of Texas, New Mexico and Arizona for Trump is that they wanted the wall. Perhaps they viewed the wall as a way to stop the drugs and drug cartels from raising mayhem along the border in their towns and to stop illegals from committing crimes in their towns, area. I don't know.

All I know is more blacks voted for Trump than any other Republican presidential candidate since Gerald Ford. More Hispanics voted for Trump since Reagan in 1984 with G.W. Bush being the lone exception.

Maybe to understand the whys one must walk in their shoes, which is something neither I nor you can do.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.