I think if the GOP is going to have any success in the 2022 midterms, they must get beyond Trump
I think that is the high priced opinion of the smart money.

My low priced opinion from deep in Trump country is, all the folks who type like that are delusional. Consider, every Republican, except the brave ones with objective integrity, realize Trump is the glue which brings all those people together. And, not only that, but he brings along Republicans who are fearful of losing America to the Democrats. And, now with more restrictive voting laws in place for 2022, there is a more than even chance the slim margins of 2020 will be wiped out for Democrats and we will see a Republican House takeover ... with more crazies .... . They will stop all investigations into Trump, insurrection, and related criminal activities. They will begin investigations into Obama and Clinton (I am being hyperbolic to make a point) and all other Democrats and Republicans who measure on the anti-Trump meter.

These guys are not interested in governing. They are however interested, whether they know or realize it or not, they will be trying to destroy the America we know and replace with a fascist government based on stupidity.

It doesn't matter how many independents don't like Trump. If they don't or can't vote .... you should be able to figure out the rest of that sentence.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty