We keep on going from grey to yellow to orange and back, whatever that means. Different communities have different case loads that correlate perfectly to their vaccination rate. Some communities have a lot of pretty rich people who mostly got vaccinated, but some places like Chula Vista with it's large Hispanic population are quite safe because they went door to door and had a lot of vaccination clinics in the churches. You can study the situation by searching for the county covid information sites. It's all there.

I am careful about who I listen to. Lots of BS flying around out there presented by totally unqualified people. And that includes MDs, who should know better! I think the government agencies are encouraging all the delta variant scare tactics to get more people vaccinated. Good intention, but not true. No variant is "more contagious". Delta is spreading faster because people think the pandemic is over and they are taking greater risks. If you mask up when inside with other people, keep your distance, wash your hands, don't touch your face, you should be fine. You are vaccinated, so even if you did catch it, that would be a head cold for a few days.

As for the antivaxxers, they have a lot more to fear from us, then us from them. We just get head colds or nothing at all if we catch it. They can get dead, or Long Covid. I would feel sorry for them, if they were not so joyously ignorant. But what are you going to do? If they want to risk their lives for incredibly stupid reasons, that's their right.

We're flying electric helicopters on Mars yet you can't turn on your clothes dryer in Texas. That's because scientists are in charge of Mars, and Republicans are in charge of Texas.