I think as far as bipartisanship and compromise go, that's dead for the foreseeable future. Not in today's modern political era of polarization, the great divide and the super, mega, ultra-high partisanship. If you can't get a compromise on something that both major parties are for like the infrastructure bill, forget it. It's each party for themselves.

On the removal, you have this:

“I didn’t think things could get more partisan in the House than they already were,” a top Republican aide told the Washington Examiner. “But Speaker Pelosi’s decision to remove Republicans from the January 6th Committee just took things to an entirely new level. When Republicans take back the House, expect endless retaliation.”

Republicans are a handful of seats away from reclaiming the majority and believe they can win back the gavel in the 2022 midterm elections.

McCarthy, angered by Pelosi’s move to overrule him on Jordan and Banks, has talked of using his power as House speaker, if the GOP wins the majority next year, to “decide who sits on every committee,” a source familiar with McCarthy's comments told the Washington Examiner. “Democrats would have no say.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/expect-endless-retaliation-house-riot-103800300.html

Was Pelosi right, probably so as I'm sure Jordan and Banks would do their utmost to focus the hearings on Portland and Minneapolis riots and not the D.C. riot.

As to the question of will the hearings be seen as a bipartisan attempt to get the truth or a partisan political hack job, who knows? I haven't seen any polling done on this since last May. Perhaps that is the result of lack of interest or perhaps not? Time will tell.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.