Georgia is 35% black, give or take a point or two one way or the other. Interesting that through court ordered majority minority districts, we've had 5 black congressmen for quite a long time. That comes out to 35% of our congressional delegation. I live in David Scott's majority black district. What the Republicans have done in 2010 was stack the majority of blacks into those 5 districts along with as many white democrats they could get. So the end results was a 70-30 or an 80-20 win for the Democrats in those 5 districts, if the GOP even ran a candidate with the Republicans winning the other 9 by an average of 55-45.

I only used 2010 because that was the only year when Republicans drew the districts. In 2000 we had a Democratic controlled legislature and a democratic governor. Because of the change in demographics with CD-6 we now have 6 Democrats and 8 republicans. The total congressional vote in Georgia was 2.5 million for Republicans, 2.4 million for Democrats rounded off. Interesting that Biden received 100,000 more votes than the Democratic congressional candidates. Ticket splitters voting for Biden, but voting Republican down ballot.

I think what will happen is as many Democrats of all stripes will be packed into 6 districts, probably all majority minority leaving the Republicans easy winners in the other 8.

As for Gonzalez, Ohio was going to lose a representative anyway. The GOP has a 12-4 advantage in Ohio as it stands today. It might as well be Gonzalez Ohio's loses. 11-4 GOP. Depending on redistricting that is. I don't see how Ohio even in control of redistricting can maintain that huge margin. But time will tell.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.