I followed the ACA for awhile, more interested in how it would affect my forecasts for elections than the law itself. It didn't effect me, so I really didn't care one way or the other.

But Gallup was polling whether the law help more people or hurt more people. For most of the Obama regime, the poll came out on hurt. Here's an example.

More Still Say Health Law Has Hurt Instead of Helped Them

https://news.gallup.com/poll/178094/say-health-law-hurt-instead-helped.aspx

This is why it was an albatross around Obama's and the Democrat's neck. Those for the law didn't want to hear from those who it hurt and those against the law didn't want to hear from those it helped. Nothing new in the political partisanship round there.

The thing is with the ACA, people became use to it, it became part of their comfort zone. Once that happens, it becomes politically stupid to try to repeal it. But while people were very uncomfortable with it, the GOP milked it for all it was worth. Peoples view on the ACA was one of the reason Trump won in 2016, 49% opposed it, 40% favored it. Then Trump and the GOP overplayed their hand big time which resulted in 2018 happening.

All in all, Trump is political deaf and dumb when it comes to elections.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.