Originally Posted by Ken Condon
I've seen numerous polls stating that. But I've been much more concerned with 2022 than 2024. Whatever happens in 2022 will directly effect 2024 whichever way it goes. I don't think Trump will run in 2024. That's just a gut feeling. No numbers to back it up.

I do think it should be noted that those Republicans who viewed Trump very favorably in Nov 2020 was at 78%, that has dropped to 63% as of 12 Oct. These are your avid Trumpers. The somewhat favorable/somewhat unfavorable I overlook as they're wishy washy. But if one adds the somewhat favorable 23% to the very favorable that brings Trump's overall favorable's to 86% among Republicans.That's also down from 92% in Nov 2020.



I view Trump as a gift to the Democrats as independents don't like him. That is as long as the democrats don't nominate the wrong candidate. They did that in 2016 with Hillary Clinton, 70% of independents disliked her vs. 57% who disliked Trump enabling Trump to win independents 46-42 with 12% voting third party against both. 60% of independents disliked Trump in 2020, but only 48% disliked Biden. Biden won independents 54-41 with 5% voting third party against both. The dislike of Trump has been constant at around 60% give or take a point or two since he came on the scene back in 2015 vying for the GOP nomination.

By the wrong candidate, I'm referring to Harris, for some reason 60% of independents don't like her. But personality plays an important role in independents likes and dislikes. Hillary came across as aloof, an elitist, a know it all, independents didn't like her personality. Trump, rude, obnoxious, childish, independents didn't like him either. I haven't seen or heard anything on why the dislike of Harris. All I know it's there.

Biden came across as an adult. Really devoid of personality, but acted and behaved like an adult and presidential candidate should. Independents didn't have a strong dislike of him. They voted for him. Although one could say Biden was bland, old, uninspiring, lacking in charisma. That just goes to show you how much independents don't like and didn't like Trump.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.