Originally Posted by jgw
The strange thing is that, on reflection, Biden has really done pretty good. The problem is that nobody knows it because the Republicans have figured out how to communicate lies even better than Democrats can communicate the truth. They tend to spend more time making promises than pointing out what they have actually done and that's a shame. My own thought is that the Dems need to hire a really good advertising agency to train them in how to do their jobs because, obviously, they don't get it.
I think you nailed it here, but the solution isn't better messaging by the Dems, for the reason you stated - the Reeps are more successful at communicating lies because lies are easier to spread, for the simple reasons that there's endless versions, they require no critical thinking or intelligence to believe, they they create a chaotic world where nobody knows their asss from a hole in the ground. That said, a bit more teamwork and coherent messaging by the Dems couldn't hurt.

I don't think there is a solution for the egregious lying unless honesty, ethics, and consideration for others can become mainstream.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller